Skills on Demand in the IELTS Listening TestMonday, April 08, 2013
The listening test of IELTS covers 40 questions to be answered by 30 minutes with 10 minutes extra times to transfer the answers in answer sheet.
As the recording will be played just only once, there is no thinking time during the test. This is an answer as you listen test with correct spelling.
With all these strictness, do you think it is easy to correct answers of 40 questions? There are just two principal working here to achieve higher score: your hearing speed with accuracy and how you graphs different voices in a distinctive way.
Firstly, the listening habit of understanding every dialect in English on mass media like radio, television and movies does not necessarily ensure that everyone can assume the answers during the IELTS listening test.
The way with which an academic conversation need to be noticed, must be practiced thoroughly before the test.
There may be numerous skills to grasp for doing that like getting numbers, date and place or persons name rightly and distinguish dialogues between multiple speakers.
All things considered properly, you need to look where to look for in the recording to pick the answers. In this way a candidate can accustomed with the exact methodology of effective listening, The enlightenment you need to seek for IELTS listening test are as below:
- There are three different accents usually tested in the IELTS listening module: British, American & Australian.
- The ability of noticing pronunciation, stress, pitch, phrasing, inflection and related information need to be examined.
- All these skills need to be tested by a candidate by continuously encountering listening exercises from Cambridge IELTS book series.
- Be equipped to speculate if the missing word you need to fill into is a noun, verb, verb modifier or a descriptive word, and dependably take note what usually precedes or after each of the parts of conversation. Here the capability to summarize speech outflows is exceptionally significant, as the candidate need to answer different question types like blank filling to multiple choices.
- Be acquainted with various expression type like public speaking, information giving and private chatting so that you can quickly get comfortable with the recordings each sections.
- Develop the ability to rapidly review the essential thoughts in a dialect, distinguishing key parts in conversation from common expressions like stating personal wonder, anxiety and curiosity.
- Remember not to try to understand every worlds in the recording, you should know how expression are assembled and how they pass on describing important issues.
- Finally, each IELTS test-taker must be given the adequate aides in preparing and practicing for the listening test with the intention to pick the right synonym in the passage corresponded to selected keyword in the question.