IELTS Speaking Practice Test-1Thursday, May 16, 2013
The examiner asks the candidate about him/herself, his/her home. work or studies and other familiar topics.
- What games are popular in your country? [Why?]
- Do you play any games? [Why/Why not?]
- How do people learn to play games in your country?
- Do you think it's important for people to play games? [Why/Why not?]
Describe an open-air or street market which you enjoyed visiting.
You should say:
Where the market is
What the market sells
How big the market is
and explain why you enjoyed visiting this market
You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have on e minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish
Shopping at markets
- Do people in your country enjoy going to open·air markets that sell things like food or clothes or old objects?
- Which type of market is more popular? Why?
- Do you think markets are more suitable places for selling certain types of things? Which ones? Why do you think this is?
- Do you think young people feel the same about shopping at markets as older people? Why is that?
Shopping in general
- What do you think are the advantages of buying things from shops rather than markets?
- How does advertising influence what people choose to buy? Is this true for everyone?
- Do you think that any recent changes in the way people live have affected general shopping habits? Why is this?