IELTS Speaking Practice Test-2Thursday, May 16, 2013
The examiner asks the candidate about him/herself, his/her home, work or studies and other familiar topics.
- When do people give gifts or presents in your country?
- Do you ever take a gift when you visit someone in their home? [Why/Why not?]
- When did you last receive a gift? [What was it?]
- Do you enjoy looking for gifts for people? [Why/Why not?]
Describe something you did that was new or exiting
You should say:
What you did
Where and when you did this
Who you shared the activity with
and explain why this activity was exiting or new for you
You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Doing new things
- Why do you think some people like doing new things?
- What problems can people have when they try new activities for the first time?
- Do you think it's best to do new things on your own or with other people? Why?
Learning new things
- What kinds of things do children team to do when they are very young? How important are these things?
- Do you think children and adults team to do new things in the same way? How is their teaming style different?
- Some people say that it is more important to be able to team new things now than it was in the past. Do you agree or disagree with that? Why?